How many hours to sleep?March 12, 2012 at 9:24 am | Posted in Think Right, Act Right | Leave a comment
In general, adults need approximately 7 to 9 hours. However, there is a range for a reason. It depends on the individual person. With the busy lifestyle that many adopt, often sleeping becomes a luxury rather than something basic. The sleeping patterns will vary from weekdays to weekends. Your body might not be able to adjust and adapt well.
One way to find out how much of sleep do you need:
1) Set a standard timing where continuously everyday for 2 weeks you will wake up at that time. For example, you set at 9am. Everyday (including weekends) during the 2 weeks period, you wake up on time at 9am.
2) Next, for the 2 weeks, head to bed by the time you feel tired.
3) Continuously do this for a few days to a week, your body will slowly adjust to the wake up timing of 9am (for example).
4) By the 2nd week, you would probably see a clearer pattern of the timing you need to sleep in order to wake up by 9am.
5) Calculate the time difference. That could be the number of hours you need.
At the end of the day, it really depends person by person. Some may go by each day with 5 hours, while some others needs at least 10 hours. You got to find that optimum number in order not to sleep to little nor too much.
Sleep well and Exercise Hard. Feel free to CONTACT ME today to get started! 😀