PlankJune 13, 2012 at 7:50 am | Posted in How-to-Exercise | 1 Comment
Plank is the most common form of Core exercise.
Main Muscle Group(s): Your Core Muscles!
– Lie down the floor in a prone position
– Lift up your elbow at 90-degree, along with your whole body up maintaining a straight horizontal line
– Tighten your Core (area around your abs/hips) and hold onto the position
– Do not bang your knees on the floor. Control your movement back into relax position.
– Keep your neck at a relaxed, neutral position. Do not strain it.
For Increased Difficulty:
1) Arm-Raise Plank: As you hold onto the plank position, alternate your arms raise (as if reaching out to grab an item in front)
2) Oblique Plank: As you hold onto the plank position, alternate your leg lifts where each leg will lift close to your side abdominals