Single Leg (Piston) SquatOctober 8, 2012 at 6:07 am | Posted in How-to-Exercise | Leave a comment
One of the toughest Squats to do – Single Leg Squat (Piston)
Main Muscle Group(s): Thighs, Hamstring, Butt, Core
– You will be squatting using only One Leg.
– Keep your soles fully flat on the ground as you lower yourself down as shown in the 2nd picture above
– Balance yourself as you focus on using the whole of your thighs to lift yourself up back as shown in the 3rd picture.
(See the “agony” / strain shown in my facial expression?!)
– Once you can lift yourself up halfway, the rest is easy.
1) For a start, using a chair behind you to practice half single leg squat. Do progressive training
2) As you get stronger, you might want to use a wall or something that you can hold onto first.
3) This is advanced exercise. Train yourself well in normal squats first